Hiring the Right Carpet Cleaner
Really, how hard is it to find a carpet cleaner? Actually if you don’t know what to watch out for, hiring the wrong cleaning company can cost you more than you think. When you purchase your carpeting from the carpet retailer – the carpet has a warranty. Most retailers will not inform you that the product you just spent thousands of dollars on has a warranty. Even if they tell you, they will not tell you how to maintain it, or how not to void it. This is not them trying to be dishonest; it’s actually just a lack of knowledge. Just because they know the different fiber types, design, or weave does not make them experts on how to maintain your investment.
Sometimes when you take a friends advice on who to use, does not mean it’s the right choice for your home. If the service professional they recommend to you is not a certified cleaning professional with the IICRC – you just voided your warranty. Unfortunately many people are not aware of this important fact.
The carpet cleaning machines you can buy from the hardware stores or rent from your local supermarkets can and will damage your carpet. These machines do not have the vacuum power to extract the dirty water from the carpet, creating a major health concern. When you wet dirt it turns into “mud” which happens when using these machines. This is just one of the ways your warranty will be voided if you choose to take this option for maintaining your carpet.
Selecting a certified carpet cleaning professional is the first step to not voiding your warranty. Most certified carpet cleaning professionals will be able to tell you the does and don’ts about your flooring. When selecting a carpet cleaning company you want to ask them five very important questions before you hire them.
- What kind of reputation do they have? Make sure that carpet retailer, realtor, interior designer, and other sources refer this company. Hiring a company with a great reputation will hopefully insure if a problem arises they will help you out even after the job has been paid for.
- What experience do they have? Check to see if they have experience in all fabric & flooring types. They should be familiar with all kinds of soiling conditions, and be able to give you a realistic expectation of how the carpet will look once complete.
- What kind of systems do they use? The equipment they use should be state-of-the-art truck mounted units. Should have at least a 6 step procedure for cleaning your carpet (Vacuuming, Pre-Treat, Pre-Groom, Steam Clean, Post- Spot, Speed Dry).
- Are they educated in their field? Never hire a company that is not IICRC certified. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certification is the most recognized body of certification in the cleaning world. All carpet manufactures void the warranties if your cleaning was not been performed by an IICRC cleaning professional.
- Do they guarantee their work? Most reputable cleaning companies will, if they do not – look for someone else. Every company deserves to have a second chance if the cleaning was not up to par. If you are still unhappy after they tried a second time; you should not have to pay for the service.
If a cleaning company passes all these questions and you are still a little unsure -ask them to perform a demo for you. This will give you a firsthand view about what kind of company you are hiring. This system for hiring a cleaning company should void out all the “uneducated cleaners” out there. For the best carpet cleaning in Rhode Island, call us today
If you have more specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact us @ 1.866.741.8400
The Better Business Bureau shares some tips on selecting a carpet cleaning company. It is very important to make sure that you’re choosing a reputable cleaning company and in this article there are points made that will help you in doing so. After reading it, you will see that choosing Dream Carpets as your Rhode Island & Massachusetts carpet cleaner will be one of the best homeowner decisions you make!